Dates: July 2 – July 26, 2019
correction to address for Jacob Hespeler SS
Students will complete 110 hours of teacher-delivered in-class instruction. Courses run from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Students can take 1 credit per summer session.
Changes to Credit Recovery (as of May 27, 2019)
The model for the delivery of credit recovery courses is changing at summer school to better align with Growing Success and student success.
The new model will allow students to recover credits in a Student Success Room environment.
- Students will be required to meet the expectations, as identified on the Credit Recovery Recommendation form, in order to earn the credit.
- The earliest start date for credit recovery courses will be on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
- Students will be contacted by Summer School staff on either Tuesday, July 2 or Wednesday, July 3, regarding their summer school start date.
- Successful completion of credit recovery courses is based on the student meeting the course curriculum expectations.
- Attendance: The expectation is that students in credit recovery courses will attend full days, until the completion of their courses.
Online Blended New Credit
Online Blended courses provide students with a flexible learning environment where students complete the course using a variety of online resources. Students may earn up to 1 credit. Students who register in this program MUST attend the mandatory attendance days:
- Full Credit – July 2, July 3 & July 26 – no exceptions.
- Half Credit:
- Session 1: July 2, July 3 and July 12
- Session 2: July 15, July 16 and July 26
Students that are in the HHSS, GRCI and ECI boundaries will attend JHSS for New Credit and Credit Recovery courses. Blended Online is only offered at JHSS.
|Host School||Phone||Credit Type(s) Offered|
|Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School
650 Laurelwood Dr., Waterloo
[ MAP ]
|Jacob Hespeler Secondary School
355 Holiday Inn Dr., Cambridge
[ MAP ]
For more information, please call 519-885-0800.
Categories: Summer School