Required Reading and Resources
- School Community Standards of Behaviour
- School Community Standards of Behaviour ensure all members of our school communities are treated with dignity and respect, and follow the Ontario Ministry of Educations’ Code of Conduct.
- Process for resolving parent/guardian concerns
- From time to time there may be a misunderstanding, a lack of communication, or a serious situation that requires attention. When this happens all parties must work together to resolve the matter. As outlined in Administrative Procedure 1410 – Parent Support:
- Parent/guardian(s) with a concern will typically first address their concern with the teacher.
- If the concern is not resolved, the parent/guardian(s) may speak with the principal and the teacher together. If the parent/guardian(s) hasn’t spoken to the teacher, the principal will ask them to do so.
- The principal may request parent/guardian(s) to put their concern in writing.
- If the concern has not been resolved with the teacher and principal, the parent/guardian(s) may contact the superintendent. If the parent/guardian(s) have not spoken to school staff, the Family of Schools superintendent may direct the parent/guardian(s) to do so.
- Balanced School Day/Elementary Nutrition Breaks
- Elementary schools use a Balanced School Day schedule. This includes two 40 minutes nutrition and activity breaks, instead of a single lunch period. Most schools post the exact times of these breaks on the school website. More information on balanced school days is available on the WRDSB website.
- Character Development
- Character Development connects caring to knowing, feeling and doing. There are eight defined character attributes that help guide character development in the WRDSB.
- Digital Citizenship
- Digital Citizenship connects the eight character attributes of character development to online tools used in the classroom.
- We also strongly recommend that you review the Responsible Use Procedure (RUP) for information on the appropriate use of school board provided technology.
Categories: School Year Information