- Program runs Monday, July 4th, 2022 – Thursday, July 28th, 2022
- All programs are online and will be delivered using both asynchronous and synchronous learning environments
- Only WRDSB students currently registered in 2021/2022 are eligible
- Registration opens March 23rd, 2022 and will close May 19th, 2022
For WRDSB students entering into Grade 7, 8 or 9 in September 2022. This program, through both a synchronous and asynchronous learning model, will reinforce key concepts that are the foundations to success in Grades 7, 8 and 9. Students will choose to focus on either numeracy or literacy for the four week summer program. Through authentic, inquiry-based learning, students will deepen their knowledge and understanding while consolidating concepts in their chosen area of focus.
Any student completing Grade 6 in June 2022 – Course options:
6ENGNN (course to register) or 6MATNN (course to register)
Any student completing Grade 7 in June 2022 – Course options:
7ENGNN (course to register) or 7MATNN (course to register)
Any student finishing Grade 8 in June 2022 – Course options:
8ENGNN (course to register) or 8MATNN (course to register)
Grade 8 students entering Grade 9 in September will choose the Grade 8 option.
Which Students would be appropriate for the Literacy Program?
- Students who are looking to improve their skills in Reading:
- Students who are looking to improve their skills in Writing:
- Students who are looking to improve their Listening and Speaking skills:
Which Students would be appropriate for the Numeracy Program?
- Students who are looking to improve their numeracy skills in number sense, operations and/or confidence in mathematics
Expectations for Students
- 2-3 hours a day of synchronous learning (online ‘live’ with their teachers and classmates)
- Synchronous (‘live’) learning to occur between 10am and 2pm every day
- Attend whole group and small lessons at scheduled times every day with their teachers and classmates
- Additional asynchronous time each day (independent, offline) to work on reading and writing skills
- 30-60 minutes asynchronous independent work each day
- Must have Internet access
- Chromebook or other device compatible with accessing Google Classroom and other web-based Literacy sites
- Practice digital citizenship while participating as a member of an online learning environment
- Attendance will be taken
Parents/Guardians that are interested in this online summer school opportunity for their student should contact the students’ Elementary School Guidance Contact or Administrator.