Secondary Summer School Program
All summer school courses will be offered to WRDSB students only that attended a WRDSB school in the 2022-2023 school year only. Summer school will have both an e-learning (asynchronous learning only) and in-person option for learning. The dates for all summer school courses [full and half credit courses] are Tuesday July 4, 2023 to Friday, July 28, 2023.
General Information and Student Expectations:
- Students may only take ONE Summer School Credit Course. This can be one full credit course, or two half credit courses (e.g. Civics, Careers).
- Access to Grade 9 courses is limited to those students who were enrolled in the same course in 2022-2023 with the WRDSB and were unsuccessful. This will support students who are not able to engage in credit recovery at their home school. The GLS1O (Reach Ahead) course will be available to all WRDSB Grade 8 students.
- Students who have a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently are best suited for e-learning courses.
- Regular attendance is critical for success at summer school. All full credit summer school courses involve a minimum of 110 hours of content and instruction. All in person classes will run daily from 8:30am to 3:00pm, Monday to Friday. Vacation or work should be scheduled outside of summer school hours.
- WRDSB reserves the right to cancel courses if there is insufficient enrolment. Students will be notified by their home school counsellor if the course they registered for is cancelled.
- Registration is only available to WRDSB students that attended a WRDSB in the 2022-2023 school year.
Please contact your students’ Secondary School Guidance Department in order to register for the summer school program. Registration will run March 20th to May 11th, 2023 @ noon. Registration for Summer co-op will open February 28th and close March 31st, 2023. Please contact your counsellor to register for either of these programs.
2023 Secondary Summer School Course Offerings
Alternative and Continuing Education
151 Weber Street South
Waterloo, ON N2J 2A9
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Summer School phone numbers and email will not be available until July 4, 2023. Please contact the Continuing Education office for questions at (519) 885-0800 or email Lisa Norcott @ email@example.com
System Administrator – Karen Moore
Summer School Supervisor – Penny Miller
Summer School Office Supervisor – Lisa Norcott
Summer School Contact Information (available July 4, 2023)
Phone number: 519-570-0003, press 2, then enter 8555
Press 1 for attendance or Press 2 for administration