Connecting Reading and Writing
- Celebrate your learning achievements
- Think about your learning preferences
The end of a school year is a time to celebrate the great things you have accomplished.
Today, look back over the learning you have done this year. Make a list:
- What books and other texts did you read and enjoy?
- What kinds of things did you write about?
From your list, choose two or three things you think best represent your learning.
Write a short note explaining why you chose each thing you selected.
Here are some sentence starters that might help you:
- This shows I learned ____ because ____.
- I am proud of this _____ because ____ and ____.
- I really enjoyed (reading this book / writing this piece) because ____.
- I learned ____ while (reading this book / writing this piece).
To celebrate, share your thinking with your family.