Start by reading The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
- Use Tumblebooks on the WRDSB Library Learning Commons
There are many resources available on WRDSB’s Library site for you and your child to explore and enjoy from home. Becoming familiar with these resources will support your child as they learn from home over the coming weeks.
- Visit https://wrdsb.insigniails.com/library/ with your child.
- Log into the site with your child’s PAL
- Click on one or more of Book Flix, Tumblebook Library, Capstone, TVO Kids or PebbleGo
Read this story of encouragement. Key messages in the story are to be creative and brave and to support one another.
Use pencil and paper, or markers, (whatever is available).
Students can start with a dot on a page and see where it takes them.
- Create dot designs.
- Make connections to rangoli designs that welcome guests when celebrating Diwali. Look for demonstration videos online.
- Look for dot designs outside in your community or inside your house.
Give everyone a Google Jamboard page with a dot on it. Let them each draw, add and create their own page beginning with that dot. Compare final creations.