Benefits for employers who participate in OYAP:
- Gaining access to an excellent source of young, enthusiastic and skilled students with strong support systems to ensure success.
- Having the ability to take a student/potential employee on a TRIAL basis before commitment to register them as an apprentice.
- Helping to build a skilled workforce by increasing student awareness of the company and trade within the community.
- Promoting awareness of job opportunities while helping to reduce youth unemployment.
- Having the option to continue or to stop the apprenticeship training at the end of the co-op placement. (Can terminate the arrangement at any time if problems arise from student behaviour or work habits.)
- Potentially being eligible for financial incentives or tax credits for employers who register and hire OYAP apprentices.
- Develop supervisory skills in journeyperson employees.
- Promotes positive attitudes toward the organization and career education.