Thanks for your interest in Dual Credit!
Dual Credit has a lot to offer students in the WRDSB. It has a diversity of opportunities depending on interest and future goals.
Benefits to Student
- Eligible students can take college or apprenticeship courses that count towards their OSSD and a postsecondary certificate, diploma, degree or Apprenticeship
- Tuition FREE college credit and no cost for textbooks
- Students benefit from the supervision and support of their college instructor and the dual credit teacher
- Courses can fulfill SHSM requirements
- Helps make a successful transition to college or apprenticeship programs
Benefits to Schools/Community
- Schools can use Dual Credit to enhance student learning
- Schools can use Dual Credit/SWAC to re-engage students who need a fresh start
- Student stays on the school’s rolls
- Students count toward SHSM numbers
- Linked with COOP, Level 1 and CAPP can offer a more streamlined transition to apprenticeships