Thanks for your interest in Dual Credit!
Dual Credit has a lot to offer WRDSB students and schools.
Benefits to Student
- Eligible students can take college or apprenticeship courses
- Courses count as electives on the OSSD
- Courses are tuition FREE
- Courses can fulfill SHSM requirements
- Courses can help accelerate apprenticeship bound OYAP students
- Students benefit from the supervision and support of a college instructor and a WRDSB Dual Credit teacher
- Dual Credit help students make a successful transition to college or apprenticeship programs
Benefits to Schools
- Schools can use Dual Credit to enhance and engage student learning
- Schools can use Dual Credit/SWAC to re-engage students who need a fresh start
- Students stay on a school’s rolls
- Students count toward SHSM numbers
- COOP students can partner with Dual Credit to personalize their last year of high school