A Dual Credit teacher will be a student’s main contact and support for all things Dual Credit.
- We meet students at the college for every class and track attendance
- We can support students when in class or in their classwork
What are classes like?
- Trades classes are mostly hands on but can have a classroom or theory component
- OYAP Level 1 programs are a mix of theory and shop work 5 days per week and full days
- College pathway classes are mostly lectures with a few assignments or a midterm and final exam
- Online classes are through ZOOM (only during pandemics)
- Students may be expected to use eConestoga (D2L) to communicate and submit work
- Students may be with other secondary school students from other school boards OR grouped with college students or apprentices
- Attendance is crucial. In some cases, two absences can mean removal from the program.
- Assignments are due on the due date and zeros are given
- Reliable computer and internet is important
- Show up, do the work on time (these are real deadlines), and you’ll do fine
- Regularly check email