The curriculum standard for the Level 1 Electrician trade program is based upon the on-the-job performance objectives, located in the industry-approved training standard and is organized into reportable subjects, such as:
- Electrical Code
- Electrical Theory
- Installation Methods
The in-school program focuses primarily on the theoretical knowledge and the essential skills required to support the performance objectives of the Apprenticeship Training Standards. The practical portion of the in-school program is used to reinforce theoretical knowledge. Skill training is provided on the job.
- Students should plan well in advance for this option
- Students should complete all compulsory courses prior to Semester 2 of their final year (eg. schedule ENG4C in semester 1)
- Students should be in conversation with a coop teacher or potential employer about apprenticeship registration
- Students are required to an RTA (Registered Trade Agreement) with an employer licensed in the skilled trade
- A parking pass is provided but students will need to be able to get to the campus on their own
- All required PPE will be provided
February – April
COOP through student’s home school
May – June
Level 1 Training through Conestoga College
Theory classes and shop classes are scheduled Monday -Friday.